The Poursina Hakim Celiac clinic main mission is educating newly diagnosed patients with celiac disease in order to make them gain control over celiac disease, its diet and treatment and help patients to prevent and overcome the future complications of celiac disease and become compatible with it. Some of the main activities of celiac clinic is:
1) Provide educational materials including pamphlets, books, educational videos in the field of celiac disease and Gluten Free diet.
2) Conducting scientific conferences for patients;
3) Patients group training;
4) Face to face training
Main fields of patients’ education in celiac clinic are as mentioned below:
- General education to increase recognition of the disease.
- Patients’ education in order to learn how to live with celiac disease.
- Family education to support a family member of the celiac community, due to the great change that is made in their lives.
5)Educational pamphlets of celiac disease
6)Scientific conferences of celiac disease
7)Educational videos about free gluten diet and cooking